IT Virtualization Boot Camp
January 20, 2012 2 Comments
Hey folks! The IT Professionals Community of Greater Toronto and Microsoft Canada are getting together to bring you this amazing opportunity! This Saturday (January 21st) and next Monday (January 23rd) we are doing a full-day Virtualization Boot Camp! The cost is only $25, with Damir Bersenic (Senior IT Pro Advisor, Microsoft Canada) leading the way with a lot of input and guidance from yours truly. It is really an event that you should NOT miss… come learn how to make Hyper-V work for you, along with all of the components of Windows 2008 R2 and the System Center family! Don’t miss it… sign up today, and come say hi to me when you are there! -M
Want to get hands-on with Microsoft’s Virtualization technologies including Hyper-V? Interested in configuring a highly-available virtualization infrastructure? Have you wondered how to configure and use an iSCSI-based storage server? Curious how Windows Failover Clustering can help you get a good night’s sleep? If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, you need to be at the IT Virtualization Boot Camp.
The IT Virtualization Boot Camp provides a fun and collaborative environment where you will get hands-on experience to:
- Prepare your Windows Server-based computers for virtualization
- Configure iSCSI storage targets
- Create Windows Failover Clusters
- Make virtual machines highly available with Hyper-V and enable Live Migration to hot-migrate running workloads between hosts with no loss in client connectivity
- Integrate non-Microsoft virtual machines into your cluster
- See how Windows Failover Clustering can help to make dealing with hardware failure easier
When: Saturday January 21, 2012 http://itvbc20120121.eventbrite.ca
Monday January 23, 2012. http://itvbc20120123.eventbrite.ca
Session starts at 10am and ends at 4pm.
Registration and snacks begin at 9:30am. Lunch will be provided.
Where: Microsoft Canada, 1950 Meadowvale Blvd, Mississauga, ON
Please park in the event parking lot and enter through the Event entrance.
Cost: $25. Proceeds from this event will help benefit your user group.