Memory Limits in Windows 8 & Windows Server 2012
August 28, 2012 3 Comments
Hey folks! While I have not seen this documented anywhere official (yet) I was just sent a list of memory caps on different SKUs of Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012. If you have a need for speed, you are going to like the new changes!
- Windows 8: 128GB RAM
- Windows 8 Professional, Enterprise: 512GB RAM
Windows Server 2012:
- Server Standard, Datacenter, Server Storage Standard, MultiPoint Premium, Server HyperCore: 4TB RAM
- Server Storage Workgroup, Server MultiPoint Standard, Server Win Foundation: 32GB RAM
- Windows 8 Essentials Server Soultion: 64GB RAM
It has been a while since I felt my laptop just didn’t have as much RAM as it could…. but the reality is that I don’t know what I would do with more than 8GB of RAM. Ok, I really do… Hyper-V lab environment! However I do have a couple of servers with 128GB of RAM, and I don’t think I will soon come close to maxing that out for what I do!
- Client-Side Hyper-V: How Microsoft is changing the game (garvis.ca)
- Windows Server 2012: Release Dates (garvis.ca)