Although our events are usually quite well attended, few have ever been as well received as the IT Camps that we’ve been holding across the country since last January. To date we’ve held Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Virtualization Camps , Windows Server 2012 Install Camps , Private Cloud Camps with Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and System Center 2012 and we’re currently making our way to a city near you with Windows Server 2012 IT Camps .
An IT Camp is a fun and collaborative event where you will get hands-on experience with the tools and products while completing a series of team challenges. Our Windows Server 2012 Camps are complementary, full day sessions where we cover the basics of Windows Server 2012, Hyper-v 3.0, virtual machine migrations and then dive in to scalability, capacity, storage and high availability. We go through an overview of System Centre 2012 and look at Virtual Machine Manager. We take our lab environment through its paces as we enable the Hyper-V role, complete Shared-Nothing Live Migrations, configure Storage Spaces, create a cluster and make one of our virtual machines highly available on a private cloud. It’s quite a jam-packed day and you certainly can’t beat the price!
Can’t join us in person? Don’t despair — there are plenty of online resources to help you out. Here are a few of my favourites:
– Download an evaluation copy of Windows Server 2012 for your own lab
– Download the PowerPoint deck for the Windows Server 2012 IT camps
– Get free, online, modular training with Microsoft Virtual Academy
– Download and read the free eBook, Introducing Windows Server 2012
– Try the Windows Server 2012 and System Center 2012 Online Virtual Labs
– Study for your Private Cloud Certification
– Read the IT Pro Connection blog