It seems that some of my articles got chopped during the move to WordPress. Doh! Here are the simple instructions to create a bootable USB key:
- Open a Command Prompt session with Administrator privileges.
- Run the Disk Partition utility (diskpart.exe)
- Type List Disk to see a list of drives on your computer. Determine which is your USB key and select it. (Select Disk 2)
- Type Clean.
- Type Create Partition Primary.
- Type assign.
- Format the disk… I usually suggest using Windows Explorer using the Quick Format option.
- (back in DiskPart) type Active.
- Exit DiskPart and the Command Prompt.
At this point your USB key is bootable, and you simply have to copy the proper files onto it. I generally create a Media Deployment Point in Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and then copy the contents of the proper directory (x:\Media\Content) onto the key.
Leave a Reply