Have you ever wondered how you can help keep your PC protected?
Based on feedback and constructive criticism, Microsoft Canada identifies key areas where they can improve and help you by providing better resources to answer your questions, solve your real world problems and help you achieve your business goals. Maybe it’s just ensuring you know you have a voice – or just making your life a little easier at the end of the day – whatever it takes, Microsoft is listening.
One of the areas Microsoft has received feedback on is Security, specifically how to help keep your PC protected. Whether it’s at work or at home, I’ve been told that it can be hard to make sense of what’s important, which updates should be installed and how best to protect your PC. Microsoft has a resource center for their Monthly updates listed below – it’s something you should check out every second Tuesday of the month. If you prefer to listen to a podcast – they’ve created one that’s easy to listen to and not too technical called Security Bulletins for the Regular IT Guy.
Recently there have been a growing number of Phone Scams from individuals claiming to be from Microsoft asking you about the security of your PC. You should be suspicious of unsolicited calls about security of your systems. Don’t give out financial details, visit websites, allow anyone to remote control your system or install software from unsolicited callers. If you feel your system has been compromised or has a computer virus – you can call Microsoft’s Security and Virus FREE support line at 1-866-727-2338.
· Microsoft Security Essentials – Free Anti-Malware software from Microsoft, great for Small Businesses and Home PCs alike.
· Security Bulletins by the Regular IT Guy – A monthly podcast to help simplify details about the monthly Security patch releases.
· Security TechCenter – Find top tasks, get the latest news, find a wiki article or download a featured tool.
· Windows Update Services – Businesses of all sizes can help manage and control the rollout of updates in their organizations.
Other Resources You May Find Useful
· Springboard Series – Your destination for technical resources, free tools and expert guidance to ease the deployment and management of your Windows-based client infrastructure.
· AlignIT Manager Tech Talk Series – A monthly streamed video series with a range of topics for both infrastructure and development managers. Ask questions and participate real-time or watch the on-demand recording.
· Microsoft Virtual Academy – For Free Training To Help Improve Your IT Skill Set.
· TechNet Evaluation Center – Try some of the latest Microsoft products like Office 365, Windows Intune or System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 for free, before you buy.