Why do I say Just in Time? Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 exams are coming out soon, and there’s a good chance that you may still have to write a few exams to earn your MCSE!
I don’t know if they are THE most popular promotions that Microsoft Learning offers, but if they are not then they have to be right up there…
SECOND SHOT VOUCHERS ARE BACK!
Simply stated: when you take an exam (for $150 per exam) you are going to be nervous… it’s a lot of money for something that is not a sure thing. Now, I have written before about what you take away from failing an exam, but that is small consolation when you know you have to pay another $150 to retake it.
With Second Shot promotions from Microsoft, you have the peace of mind knowing that if you do fail the exam you get to take it again… for free. How cool is that?
Now, the question I get all the time is ‘What happens if I pass the exam the first time? What do I get?’ Normally, you get a certification, as well as all of the time that you would have needed to study and retake the exam. No, you cannot take a different exam for free if you pass it.
So how does it work? Follow these steps (C&P from Eric Ligman… thanks Eric!)
- Register to receive a Second Shot voucher for either a single exam or a certification pack (certification packs not only offer you the Second Shot, but also save you at least 15% off the single exam prices too).
- Using the Second Shot voucher number, schedule and pay to take your initial exam through our testing provider, Prometric, at http://www.register.prometric.com.
- Take your exam.
- If you do not pass your exam the first time, you may register to take the same exam again at no charge, via http://www.register.prometric.com. Provide them with the same Second Shot exam voucher number when registering the second time.
- NOTE: Please wait one day after failing the exam to register for the retake, to allow for test results to be entered into the system.
How long is Second Shot available?
- Second Shot voucher offer is available from August 27, 2012 to May 31, 2013.
- Exam voucher expires on May 31, 2013 for single exams (with 070 and 071 prefixes), June 30, 2013 for academic exams (exams with a 072 prefix), and December 31, 2013 for certification packs
Which certification exams is Second Shot available for?
- Second Shot is attached to all regular-priced individual technical exams
- Second Shot is attached to the following MCSA, MCSE, and MCSD certification exam packs (and saves you at least 15% off the individual exam pricing):
Looking for more info? Check these links out:
Good luck on your Microsoft certification path and enjoy the Second Shot offer for both your individual exams and exam pack purchases.
(Portions cut & pasted from Eric Ligman’s blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mssmallbiz/archive/2012/08/28/free-microsoft-exam-retakes-with-the-ever-popular-second-shot-certification-exam-offer.aspx)
- Clarity: MCSA vs. MCSE: the what and why (garvis.ca)
- MCSE Private Cloud… Not easy, but valuable! (garvis.ca)